How to Download a File from a URL in Java · public final InputStream openStream() throws IOException · try (BufferedInputStream inputStream = new. Give Java NIO a try: URL website = new URL("http://www.website.com/information.asp"); ReadableByteChannel rbc = Channels. The URL that follows nexturl= is the actual link that will download the file to your where can I download JDK and JavaFX Demos and Samples for Java SE 8?
Java HttpURLConnection to download file from an HTTP URL
In this post, I will guide you how to write Java code to download files from web server programmatically.You know, in Java, we can use the classes URLand HttpURLConnection in the package java.net to programmatically download a file from a given URL by following these steps:
- Written by Nam Ha Minh
- Last Updated on 18 July 2019   |   Print Email
- Create a URL object for a given URL. The URL can be either:
- A direct link which contains the real file name at the end, for example:
- An indirect link which does not contain the real file name, for example:
- Open connection on the URL object – which would return an HttpURLConnection object if the URL is an HTTP URL.
- Open the input stream of the opened connection.
- Create an output stream to save file to disk.
- Repeatedly read array of bytes from the input stream and write them to the output stream, until the input stream is empty.
- Close the input stream, the output stream and the connection.